We are delighted that the Library is reopening to the public. The safety and wellbeing of our visitors and staff are paramount so please read through the following health and safety measures before you visit. Please note that entry to the Library is only permitted to those who have pre-booked a slot in the Reading Room or the exhibition space. Please contact us if you have any concerns or queries.
Revised opening hours
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, 11am – 4pm
Hygiene and social distancing
The building is cleaned professionally daily. In order to ensure the safety of our staff and readers, we encourage the following additional hygiene measures:
- Entry to the building is dependent on wearing a face covering (please bring your own).
- You must wear a face-covering at all times in the Library, including at your desk, unless exempt.
- Please use the hand sanitisers available when you enter the building, the Reading Room, or the basement toilets.
- We disinfect all computer equipment, microfilm readers, table and chair after each use.
- Please be aware that library materials might be quarantined for 72 hours after use.
- To improve ventilation, windows will be opened by staff and should be left open if at all possible.
- The lift will not be available for public use. Please do Contact Us in advance if you have any mobility issues.
- It is your responsibility to follow all hygiene rules in addition to the current government guidelines on social distancing as best you can. We encourage people to keep 2m apart wherever possible.