- This event has passed.
Curator’s Talk: Fighting Antisemitism from Dreyfus to Today
August 11, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Part of the Library’s Fighting Antisemitism from Dreyfus to Today exhibition events series.
In this talk, the curator of The Wiener Holocaust Library’s latest exhibition will discuss the genesis of the exhibition project and the process of curation. She will explore some of the key documents, photographs and artefacts on display in the exhibition, including rare printed materials relating to the Dreyfus affair from France in the 1890s; pamphlets produced in Weimar Germany refuting Nazi antisemitic ideas; documents and photographs collected by the Library’s predecessor organisation in the 1930s highlighting the antisemitic policies of the Nazi regime; photographs documenting the work of Jewish anti-fascist street speakers in East London in the 1950s, and a tool kit designed to help those seeking to campaign against the BNP in elections in Britain.
About the speaker:Book now
We need your support more than ever. Help us preserve the truth.
We are an independent charity dependent on your support. We need to raise over a quarter of a million pounds each year for our work to continue and this is only possible with your help.
With your support we can continue to;
- Be a world leading Holocaust archive
- Offer a vital learning resource to oppose anti-Semitism and other forms of prejudice.
- Reach out to our worldwide audience of over two million people
- Preserve our archive for future generations so they can learn the lessons of the past
- Provide a free program of public events and exhibitions