- This event has passed.
Exhibition Talk: Write at once and in detail: the re-creation of Mimi and her family, with Marion Macalpine
May 16, 2023 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
This event is organised as part of the Holocaust Letters exhibition events series.
When there is silence in a family about its history, the urge to know can become intense. Marion Macalpine, author of “Write at once and in detail: the re-creation of Mimi and her family”, will introduce the gripping story she has put together from torn up family letters sent between Vienna and England in 1930s and 40s.
She will raise the question of who has the right to know and who has the right to keep silent. She will also describe the process of gathering clues from multiple sources and how she assembled the shreds into ‘almost breathing, almost speaking individuals’ with all their turbulent history.
In discussion with Elise Bath, ITS Archive Team Manager at The Wiener Holocaust Library.Book now
We need your support more than ever. Help us preserve the truth.
We are an independent charity dependent on your support. We need to raise over a quarter of a million pounds each year for our work to continue and this is only possible with your help.
With your support we can continue to;
- Be a world leading Holocaust archive
- Offer a vital learning resource to oppose anti-Semitism and other forms of prejudice.
- Reach out to our worldwide audience of over two million people
- Preserve our archive for future generations so they can learn the lessons of the past
- Provide a free program of public events and exhibitions