- This event has passed.
Fourth Annual Alfred Wiener Holocaust Memorial Lecture: Antisemitic Conspiracy Theories: Past, Present and Future?
November 22 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
This year’s Annual Alfred Wiener Holocaust Memorial Lecture will take place once again at Gresham College, and will be delivered by esteemed historian Professor Sir Richard Evans.
Antisemitism has existed and continues to exist on many levels, from unthinking prejudice to highly developed theories. Common to all levels is an explicit, or more often, implicit belief that all Jews, usually defined in racial terms, are conspiring secretly to undermine civilisation, order, or social and cultural stability.
This lecture considers the evolution of this conspiracy theory since the Middle Ages, examines its nature and operation today, and considers its future development.
We need your support more than ever. Help us preserve the truth.
We are an independent charity dependent on your support. We need to raise over a quarter of a million pounds each year for our work to continue and this is only possible with your help.
With your support we can continue to;
- Be a world leading Holocaust archive
- Offer a vital learning resource to oppose anti-Semitism and other forms of prejudice.
- Reach out to our worldwide audience of over two million people
- Preserve our archive for future generations so they can learn the lessons of the past
- Provide a free program of public events and exhibitions