Exhibition Launch: “We are not alone”: Legacies of Eugenics
September 21 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Join The Wiener Holocaust Library to mark the launch of a new travelling exhibition, curated by Professor Marius Turda (Oxford Brookes University), which explores the history and legacies of eugenics, a hundred years on from the influential Second International Eugenics Congress.
The evening will feature contributions by Dr Lisa Pine and Professor Joe Cain.
About the speakers:
Marius Turda is Professor of 20th Century Central and Eastern European Biomedicine and Director of the Centre for Medical Humanities, Oxford Brookes University.
Lisa Pine is a Fellow of the Royal Historical Society.
Joe Cain is Professor of History and Philosophy of Biology at the University College London.
With thanks to Oxford Brookes University, Public History Project/the Ford Foundation and Romanian Embassy in London/Romanian Cultural Institute.Book now
We need your support more than ever. Help us preserve the truth.
We are an independent charity dependent on your support. We need to raise over a quarter of a million pounds each year for our work to continue and this is only possible with your help.
With your support we can continue to;
- Be a world leading Holocaust archive
- Offer a vital learning resource to oppose anti-Semitism and other forms of prejudice.
- Reach out to our worldwide audience of over two million people
- Preserve our archive for future generations so they can learn the lessons of the past
- Provide a free program of public events and exhibitions