- This event has passed.
Lunchtime Exhibition Talk: Translating Holocaust Letters with Jenifer Ball
June 5 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
This event is organised as part of the Holocaust Letters exhibition events series.
In this hands-on lunchtime talk, Jenifer Ball will demonstrate how she translated a German letter on display in the exhibition. She will discuss how she approaches linguistic and cultural questions in personal papers and researches references to contemporary social life to create richly contextualised texts.
Jenifer Ball was a teacher of German and French, and translates from both languages. Her work has ranged from Baroque music to veterinary medicine, and she particularly enjoys translating verse.Book now
We need your support more than ever. Help us preserve the truth.
We are an independent charity dependent on your support. We need to raise over a quarter of a million pounds each year for our work to continue and this is only possible with your help.
With your support we can continue to;
- Be a world leading Holocaust archive
- Offer a vital learning resource to oppose anti-Semitism and other forms of prejudice.
- Reach out to our worldwide audience of over two million people
- Preserve our archive for future generations so they can learn the lessons of the past
- Provide a free program of public events and exhibitions