- This event has passed.
Roma Voices: The Patrin, Testimony & Archive
June 29, 2023 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
A roundtable discussion with Brolly Productions focusing on the importance of celebrating and sharing testimonies from the Roma community.
This event will launch The Patrin*, an aural installation featuring female Roma voices and there will be a live performance by Sindy Czureja from ‘The Stopping Place’ opera.
Brolly collaborated with The Wiener Holocaust Library to create this new operawork featuring central roles for performers from the Roma community and drawing on music from the Roma tradition exploring the sensitive history of the Roma holocaust. Brolly Productions will host this event which examines approaches for ‘conscious collaboration’ between Roma communities and archival institutions to ensure these important voices are heard.Representatives include; The Roma Support Group, The Wiener Holocaust Library and The University of East London.
* Patrin is a Roma term for the sign posts, symbols and messages that communities leave for each other at the atchin tans [stopping places].
We need your support more than ever. Help us preserve the truth.
We are an independent charity dependent on your support. We need to raise over a quarter of a million pounds each year for our work to continue and this is only possible with your help.
With your support we can continue to;
- Be a world leading Holocaust archive
- Offer a vital learning resource to oppose anti-Semitism and other forms of prejudice.
- Reach out to our worldwide audience of over two million people
- Preserve our archive for future generations so they can learn the lessons of the past
- Provide a free program of public events and exhibitions