- This event has passed.
Student and Teacher Talk: I Am Not A Victim, I Am A Survivor – The Extraordinary Story of Eddy Boas
September 13 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
This education event is hosted in partnership with The Holocaust Educational Trust.
Join us at The Wiener Holocaust Library to hear the extraordinary story of Eddy Boas, a child Holocaust survivor who showed resilience to survive and navigate the challenges faced from the Holocaust.
“I was just three-and-a-half months old when Germany invaded Holland on 10 May 1940. With both my parents Jewish, my future looked bleak and the odds of me surviving were 6,000,000/1.”
According to Yad Vashem and Red Cross records, Eddy’s family of four (father, mother and two sons) entered Bergen-Belsen concentration camp together and, uniquely, emerged after 14 months an intact family unit. In 1954, Eddy began a new life in Australia, aged 14 speaking no English, a life filled with work, ingenuity, energy and entrepreneurship. With these, came an ability to incorporate life’s deepest challenges.
‘I Am Not A Victim, I Am A Survivor – The Extraordinary Story of Eddy Boas’ will be followed by a rare opportunity for the audience to directly ask a survivor question in a Q&A, making the afternoon a unique learning experience for students and adults alike.
- The Holocaust Explained – Case Study, The Holocaust in the Netherlands
- The Holocaust Explained – Case Study, Bergen-Belsen Camp
We need your support more than ever. Help us preserve the truth.
We are an independent charity dependent on your support. We need to raise over a quarter of a million pounds each year for our work to continue and this is only possible with your help.
With your support we can continue to;
- Be a world leading Holocaust archive
- Offer a vital learning resource to oppose anti-Semitism and other forms of prejudice.
- Reach out to our worldwide audience of over two million people
- Preserve our archive for future generations so they can learn the lessons of the past
- Provide a free program of public events and exhibitions