- This event has passed.
Virtual Teacher Workshop: Using Photography to Teach about the Holocaust
December 5, 2022 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Using sources from The Wiener Holocaust Library’s unique archive of material on the Nazi era and the Holocaust, this virtual workshop will critically consider the use of photographs in Holocaust education.
- The workshop will use a range of contemporary images taken before, during and after the Holocaust to explore how these historical sources can be used effectively in the classroom.
- Examine the ethics of using photographs of victims; the motivations of the photographers; the context within which photographs were produced, and issues around editing and format of images.
- Help participants to reflect upon the ways in which photographs can be used to deepen school students’ understanding of the Holocaust without compromising the humanity of the victims.
Event guidelines for those joining online:
1. The Library will send you a Zoom link and joining instructions via email prior to the event. Please check your junk email folders.
2. Please try and join 5 minutes before the event start time and we will let you into the room (do try and bear with us if this takes a few minutes).Book now
We need your support more than ever. Help us preserve the truth.
We are an independent charity dependent on your support. We need to raise over a quarter of a million pounds each year for our work to continue and this is only possible with your help.
With your support we can continue to;
- Be a world leading Holocaust archive
- Offer a vital learning resource to oppose anti-Semitism and other forms of prejudice.
- Reach out to our worldwide audience of over two million people
- Preserve our archive for future generations so they can learn the lessons of the past
- Provide a free program of public events and exhibitions