Part-time (three days per week), permanent post, based in Central London, WC1
Responsible to: The Senior Curator and Head of Education
Salary: £34,800 pro rata
The Wiener Holocaust Library is the world’s oldest Holocaust archive and the home of Britain’s largest collection of published and unpublished works, documents and photographs relating to the Nazi era.
Purpose of the role
The Wiener Holocaust Library’s education programme has expanded in recent years and we are looking for an enthusiastic individual to work with us to prepare and deliver our educational workshops to schools and universities and to contribute to other aspects of our educational programme, as well as to oversee the collection and analysis of evaluation and feedback on these sessions. The post-holder will also be responsible for maintaining and expanding our database of teacher contacts, and for keeping accurate records of all the Library’s face-to-face educational activities.
The candidate must have excellent teaching skills and demonstrable knowledge of the Holocaust. They must be well-organised, driven to achieve high standard and show a high degree of initiative.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Senior Curator and Head of Education to develop and expand the Library’s educational programme for schools, including in-person and online workshops for students and teachers, and educational activities connected to the Library’s exhibition programme
- Oversee and expand the Library’s network of contacts at schools and with other Holocaust educational providers
- Work with partner organisations to deliver educational activities
- Work with the Senior Curator and Head of Education and the Press and Communications Manager to market the Library’s educational programme
- Work with the Senior Curator and Head of Education to develop an evaluation strategy for the Library’s schools education programme
- Contribute to the Library’s educational outreach programme for the general public, undergraduates and post-graduates
- Contribute to the maintenance and enhancement of the Library’s educational website for schools, The Holocaust Explained (HE) including: producing online educational resources for teachers; reviewing current content; selecting relevant archival material in The Wiener Library collections to be incorporated into the website; producing new articles for the site; working with our external website contractor to develop new technical features for the site
- Maintain accurate records of the Library’s educational talks and workshops
You may be asked to carry out other duties as may arise from time to time. You will be required to act in accordance with the provisions of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 to take reasonable care for the health and safety of any person who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.
The Library is a small team and all staff must be willing to work flexibly and recognise the need for occasionally working beyond their job descriptions and to support out-of-hours activities on occasion.
For the full person specification and details on how to apply download the full Job Description here.